Scratchgod is a members only DJ community.
- Fresh scratch content delivered monthly
- Access to exclusive cut sessions, beats, videos, podcasts & more
- Regular interaction with the community on our Discord server
Innovations and Contributions
Here are a few of my technical contributions over the years.
- Invented the Vestax Controller One, the first turntable for playing musical notes. Learn more
- Produced first scratch record tool, Utility Phonograph Record for scratch music, that introduced the "Ultra Pitch", and the ubiquitous vocal sample "Cut It Up Fresh"
- Pioneered crossfader cut-in time used in all modern DJ mixers & faders
- First to integrate Digital Vinyl Systems (Serato) with controllers via Quickswitch, developed by Joe Ward, to develop a new DJ style that incorporated production techniques and live scratching
- First to develop DJ controller layouts used by most modern DJ mixers
I have built an extensive catalog spanning multiple genres and produced a myriad of seminal recordings over the years.
- Produced Scetchbook album with Mike Boo, one of the first two entirely scratched albums to introduce "Scratch Music". It was recognized by PBS/KQED as one of the top 13 turntablism albums. Read more
- One of the pioneers of original Dubstep & Beat Scenes Read more
- First to create a song entirely from scratch with a rapper (Ghostface Killah)
- First to create a song entirely from scratch with a singer (RUCKAZOID), as a 1 of 1 picture record priced at $20,000
- First to produce a jazz record entirely with and around the turntable entitled FUGA
- Developed a revolutionary BeatDiscovery VST sequencer which increased workflow using Ai like output, but with human input data
- Managed as a producer by NO I.D.'s ARTIUM Recordings
- Serving the scratch DJ community with elite level contributions
- Building a new music streaming service for creators